vRealize Orchestrator 8.1 was recently released and it comes with quite a lot of new features and improvements. In this post I will cover the support for multi-language (polyglot) development.
If you are a business admin and you have to create a business group for a newly on-boarded department, and you want to entitle OOTB catalog items for the members of this group, how will you do it? Through the UI, you would
- Create a business group by:
- Open the Business Groups tab.
- Click on “new business group”.
- Fill in group information: name, description, default machine prefix, managers, managers emails, users, etc.
- Create Entitlement
- Open the Entitlements tab
- Click on “add entitlement”
- fill in entitlement information: name, description, expiration date, status, business group
- Assign the same users from the business group
- Assign catalog items to the entitlement
Those are a lot of clicks. Imagine if you could do it with a single click (or a lot less than the above example), with an automated solution that is less error prone and fast! Well you can do it with the help of ASD and vRO and here we will show you how to do it. We will create a vRO workflow and an ASD blueprint out of it that we will publish to the Catalog.